1. Your brand is “made in …?”
All bags are made in Italy.
2. Who is the team of your company?
I do it all on my own!
3. How many years your brand already exists?
I launched my brand in October 2016, at The Hoxton in Amsterdam.
4. How did the idea of such bags appear? Who or what was the inspirer of this style?
I have a background in fashion design and styling. Designing a bag is super interesting for me because you always have to think about the functionality. It’s always a challenge to give it also the esthetics that you want!
5. Which kind of fabric do You use for producing?
The bags are made of vegetable tanned sheep leather. There are no chemicals used in the tanning process. The feeling of the sheep leather is super soft and less dry then for example cow leather.
6. Which result you’d prefer to achieve? – to see your product on almost every girl and be popular as much as Zara/H&M is or to have not so many customers, but very privileged, and be more a niche brand?
I don’t have the ambition to have mass productions – I want to keep the high quality of the brand.
7. Do You collaborate with bloggers?
Not yet, I’m very selective with collaborations. I want to do it in the future, but the feeling has to be 100% perfect with the blogger and style.
8. Which social networks are you using to promote your brand?
Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.
9. You Instagram is really cool! Do you have any special strategy in Instagram posting, some precise system or is it every time unscheduled and extemporaneous?
The Instagram posts has to be recent and esthetic, most of the time I decide which picture I post at the moment I’m opening Instagram, or when someone is tagging me in a beautiful picture.
10. Do you use your Instagram as sales channel or only to show the product?!
Just to show the products. There is a link on my profile to the webshop where everyone in the world can buy the styles.
11. Who is the customer of your dream?
A stylish women who shops very conscious.
12. Where is possible to buy Your pieces? (offline and on-line stores or showrooms)
All bags are available in the webshop www.ruigrokvanderwerven.com and I have also a several selling points where you can find a selection of the handbag collection.
13. Do customers buy more online or offline?
I don’t have a physical shop so they are buying online.
14. What is the next step for developing your brand?
I want to have more and more selling points all over the world. Paris is on my wishlist!
15. How do you see your brand in five years?
To rarify my collection is my passion. So I see my brand in five years with even more beautiful colours and models. And maybe some great collaborations!
Photography by Imke Panhuijzen
Make-up and hair by Peter Dwars @ House of Orange
Styling by Denise Ruigrok van der Werven
Model Laïs @ Wilma Wakker