No comments… Just watch )))))
Animal world diversity differs depending on the Island! This time I was in Medhufushi resort and Taj Exotica resort. These are absolutely different islands and hotels accordingly, but fauna is mostly the same.
From time to time you could see small green lizards passing through the footpath, beaches are crowded by crabs and amazing crawfishes-hermits, which I wanted to take home so much :)) Herons were walking through the beach in a so relaxed mood and without any fear of me that allowed me to make pictures of them from a really small distance!
In the water I saw some stingrays small and not so small 🙂 I even saw one couple in love that was around for a few days and it looked like they also came here for a vacation )) Sometimes you can meet baby sharks;). Usually they are not dangerous for human, but you should behave with respect towards them! Remember: touching, playing and feeding of stingrays or sharks could be really dangerous sometimes, so better just watch them from some distance ))
These are all animals, which I met on territory of this islands.
By the way: on Maldives you can’t find any dangerous or poisonous reptiles. Actions for killing of ants and mosquitoes are made in all hotels daily, so they are not particularly concerned holidaymakers.
I don’t know anyone who doesn’t want to visit Maldives! But I know at least 5 reasons why you should do it:
1) Weather. It is the same for a whole year, so don’t be afraid if your vacation will be in autumn or early spring!
2) Ice melting. Some researches say that in 15-20 years these islands will be under water! Other give them a couple of decades more, but the inevitability of sad end of these islands is no doubt (Therefore, be in a harry)))
3) Uniqueness. In many articles about Maldives you can find the same thoughts that these islands are not similar to another one in the world. And you have a chance to see it on your own eyes during landing in capital Male. The view in porthole of the plane you won’t forget for whole your life!
4) Safety. It is the safest country in the world!
5) Nature. The main tourist attraction of Maldives islands is an underwater kingdom of coral reefs with fantastic coloring of inhabitants, which stretches throughout Maldives archipelago.
Today I landed in Male and can’t say that this city impressed me ( that is why I decided to put here the only one photo of Maldives capital)…After landing we took so called “water taxi” ( it is small planes for a 15 passengers) and flew to our island-hotel. Usually, flight takes about 45 minutes and all this time I couldn’t tear myself away from the window))))
After Machu Picchu we came back to Cusco just for one night as after we had a flight to Arequipa! So it was not enough time to go somewhere around much but that time I’ve tried my first cocktail with Pisco 🙂 Pisco is a grape brandy produced in winemaking regions of Peru and it has quiet a long history! Peruvians made a lot of different cocktail with it! Whatever, if once you come to Peru, Pisco is a must try as its really something local:)